Wednesday

Day Three-ish

Christmas so it is, and I guess it shall remain so, for at least as long as I slur my words so. I must admit, my earlier hopes have been dashed, and while I have of course tried to hold the divinity of circular science up to the where-with-all of brutal reality, I am happy to concede the certain redundity of my efforts. In consideration, I happily concede that the barble of previousity only betrays my drunken actuality.

My presents were sparsely received. A new shirt, from Doris, which I had previously noted on an earlier window-spree as one I liked. Well, it's nice to know you are listened to. My other was the God Del-ish-thingy-whatever by whatsit-dworkins or-whatever was the other stocking-filler. [ But that's unimportant. Mainly, ouch. I can re-read and re-read, but at this point, on this day (Christmas day!), I just don't have the scientific fervour to correct my medley of in-astute reakly syntax.] I meekly grinned at her and withdrew, hoping to dearly god that the cheque for eighty-one pounds (as calculated by my previous debts combined etc.) would suffer as a well thought present. Albert, Donald and his wife Marticia had to do with un-enveloped cards...

In all honesty, I struggle to think of any relevant science committed today, and, if completely honest, I admit I am currently typing with one eye open only, so I feel it is only fair for I, you, and circles in general, that I re-continue tomorrow.

Too much merlot, I fear...

EDIT: I wish to clarify my comments. I recieved two presents; 1. A shirt (from Doris), and 2. "The God Delusion" by Dawkins. I gave Doris a cheque for eighty-one pounds as a (I thought at least) thoughtful gift. For my other friends, I wrote cards (message: Happy Xmas, Doltsby) and I would have provided envelopes, but I was one short, and hence, I think at least, democratically, decided, that no one should receive an envelope.

Science, for one day, was betrayed by drunkenness and festive fervour. Luckily Doris dragged me out of the bath and good-coffee'd me up about ten minutes ago. Still no news from the Department of Science and Pensions. After cheque bounces, one-hundred-and-one pounds in debt. Boxing day is another day-ish.

No comments: